Fuel sender problem

Hi all:

Well, I finally settled on a temporary solution to my problem. As I
mentioned before, I found 2 opens in the windings. I fixed those
and found 1 more. Put the unit back in the car and the gauge needle
works a little jerky, probably because of the 3 small gaps from the
opens. But it is only noticable when the switch is first turned on.
During driving, the needle is steady. It actually made the gauge go
from empty to full during the manual test I made prior to installing it
in the tank so I can drive with reasonable certainty that I do or do
not have gas. So now to muse over the winter what my final solution
will be. I have some in mind.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA