Re: [Chrysler300] Any Interest in a High Speed Starter for413Cast Iron 7

Re: [Chrysler300] Any Interest in a High Speed Starter for413Cast Iron 727 Dr...

Hi all:

Just got back from the meet so I did not read messages until now.

Back in the late 70's, I designed, built and patented a 2-stroke internal
combustion engine. I was running 17:1 compression. When I went to start it, the
starter (Bosch starter from a Porsche) would hardly turn it. Went to a
local automotive electrical shop and they said they would put additional windings
in the starter. That did the trick. It turned the engine as if there was
little or no compression.

Wonder if it would work on our starters? The shop closed its doors years ago
so I cannot ask them.

By the way, with 17:1 compression, I had to down size the main jets to 50% of
original cross-sectional area to get it to start.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA