labor day question

greetings all and hope you are having a good labor day.

the question is, the detroit boot, aka the u joint cust cover. need one for
my E, original part number is 1450-448. so far phone calls have come up empty,
except for kits that include the boot and a new joint -- either nos or nors. i
am concerned that these or any i find will be brittle. crack in one on car
now is small.
talked with Paul Funkhouser, and he gave me a wesco manufacturing # 62-8000,
and another #, 440871-1. I will check auto parts places to see if they list by
manufacturer #, as a couple calls under the chrysler # got me nowhere.
soo --- stop rambling. i am sure someone has encountered this -- let me know
what you did.

thanks.

David Rust