Re: [Chrysler300] Fuel Sender Resistance

Re: [Chrysler300] Fuel Sender Resistance

Ray, with the situation as you describe, the problem pretty much has to be
in the sending unit. Somehow the circuit coming in from the terminal for
the wire has gotten directly grounded. Look at it carefully to see if you
can see any broken fibre washers, etc., that would have the terminal stud in
contact with the housing of the sending unit. If you don't see anything
suspect there, the trouble is internal to the unit. I had my '57 unit out
not long ago and measured the resistance, but had no reason to make a record
of it at the time. Rats!

Park Waldrop