300H front signal failure

Group!
Trying to get my 300H ready for Dayton.
Decided to fix the horn that hasnt worked since 1972.
Found the problem to be the ground switch with the little wheel on the
steering column. The horn works now but the front turn signal lenses do not.
The signals and all the lights worked fine before I stupidly did not leave
well enough alone.
The parking lights all work, the brake lights and rear signals all work, but
the front signals don't even light.
The horn ground switch is attached to the cancelation switch for the turn
signals - is that switch so fragile I might have caused this problem by
removing and reinstalling it?
Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks
Jeff Miklas - jdmiklas@xxxx