Re: [Chrysler300] 1960 300 F

I get it with my car too, especially with the top down around town. Look it's the Batmobile! I must admit, I've done it myself.

I have photos of the real Batmobile. It was shown at the Palo Alto Concours a couple of years ago. I chatted with the owner for awhile about the car, and he mentioned that he found it in a museum somewhere in the East, and I believe he said they had made 2 or 3 of them, this being one of them.

I looked it over pretty well, and it is everything I remember from the mid '60s TV show and the feature films. Double canopy etc. He did add a powered saw blade that retracts back into the grille, because it was in one of the scenes from the movie, but lacking on his car.

He offered up some interesting stories of being pulled over by the CHP for the purpose of obtain a photograph of the officers with the car. He'd be the life of the party if he showed up with the car and a Batman outfit on!

I believe the Batmobiles were made from a Ford concept car(s) but I'm not certain.

You know that starter sound you hear in the Batman movies and TV shows? Right after Batman and Robin say "batteries to power", "turbines to speed",? Well, it's the actual sound of a Chrysler Turbine Car starting up!

Bob J
'61 300G Convert (Batman black)