From: tonysru2
To: 300 Club Intnl
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 5:53 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 1961 300G

Hi,
Started my G a week ago with no problem. Never have had a problem on
turning the engine!! Three days ago, nothing but a click. I hit what I
think is the solenoid (sits on the starter, doesn't it?) and the engine
turned but didn't catch, then nothing but a click since.
#1. The solenoid does attach to the starter motor, doesn't it? It's not
away from the starter, like on the fender well, is it?
#2. Three years ago, May 2000, the Chrysler 300 Club published a list of
NAPA parts numbers for the 300G, and in it it has ST-103 Starter
Solenoid...
w/MDT starter. What's a MDT starter? It also has a ST-106 Starter
Solenoid...w/1889200 starter.

As you know, the starter, viewed from underneath, is hindered with the
exhaust, as well as other stuff, and looks very difficult to get at. Looks
impossible to get at from above. Am I correct??? What's the proper way to
get at it? What's the proper way to identify the starter motor?

Could my problem be something other than the solenoid??

I am by no means a mechanic, but I would like to get
the proper item to repair my problem before taking it to my mechanic, if I
can.

Thanks very much for your response and help. Cheers.

Tony