300C Fuel pumps query

Re my, others, attempts to keep original fuel pumps on 300s, 300Cs?

Finally got my 300C fuel pump working (again?!) by now/finally adding larger non pumping valve body section, off a 59/60 Cadillac. Now has so much pressure, fuel trying to get out fittings never knew were not 100%.

Query - did 300s have different internal one way valves to otherwise similar looking AC fuel pumps. I seem to remember one of your site particpants mentioning he worked for Carter Carbs back then.

What I am after is 'was there the 300 fitted with either a higher volume or pressure because of feeding twin carbs' ?!

( I had to get 300 pump going because (1) could not steal pump off my supercharged 300C as it is hidden under blower and blower idler pulley, etc.. and ( 2) finally got diff seal for T/Bird, but marooned 300C in drive in front of it !)

happy motoring over there where parts are more easily available than Oz

Aussie Christopher

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=174&referral=Hotmail_taglines_plain&URL=http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/default.asp