DRAG STRIP PARTICIPATION

Those of you who have received the latest copy of the Club's Newsletter (with
the flyer announcing the details of the Fall Meet in Dayton) might notice
that participation in a so-called "Test and Tune" night at a local dragstrip will
be a focal point of the Fall Meet. Cost for this event is $5 per person plus
an additional $5 for each car that wants to run on the strip. This $5 allows
you to run as many times as you want to, against a range of potential
competition. Since this is a NHRA-sanctioned track, they do have certain
safety-related requirements for the cars that intend to run on the track. Those that
potentially affect us are the following: (1) All cars must have seatbelts. If
your Brute doesn't have them, you had better get them installed if you want to
run. (2) Wheelcovers must be removed. Not a great hastle. (3) No fluid leaks
of any kind. The only thing this might affect is our radiators, since most
of our cars do not have a coolant recovery system for the radiator overflow
tube. I will try to have a few bottles made up prior to the meet (just a small
rubber hose and a can of some kind), but if you can rig up something for a
temporary fix for your car before coming to the meet, that would help a lot. See
you in Dayton. McTaggart