Re: [Chrysler300] 300C brakes

"... Also of note is that Performance Suspension Technologies new catalog
has a rear conversion for the early '58 up axle. They call it '58 up but we
know '57 is the exact same thing.
Wayne "

Wayne, I did call PST and questionned them as to where they get this kit
from; it is manufactured by Stainless Steel Brake , in Upstate NY. The
bottom line about SSB's rear disc kit is that it does NOT fit the 57-62 rear
ends; rather, it fits the 63/64 . Tony Rinaldi found this out the hard way
recently.

It appears that the 63/64 tapered rear axle rear end housings have a
different bolt pattern where the backing plate mounts up to the housing.
Stainless Steel Brake assumed that the '63/'64 rear end housing was the same
as '57 thru '62, which it in fact is not. Since their kit is based on a
bracket that attaches to the studs on the housing flanges, and was developed
using a '64 wagon, it just plain will not work on the '57 thru '64.

Again, I did confirm that PST gets their conversion kits from SSB. They
will be changing their catalog to reflect that the rear brake conversion kit
does NOT fit 57 thru 62 Chryslers. SSB will have to develop a bracket for
the 57 thru 64 units; they have not done this as of this writing.

The front disc conversion kit from Stainless Steel Brake works very well.

John