Re: [Chrysler300] Flanged bushing retention

Re: [Chrysler300] Flanged bushing retention

Hi Warren;
Excellant answer. Just for the novice, they didn't want the bushing reamed
because that removes metal to "size" the diameter of the bore. They wanted
the metal "mashed" into the block to fix it in place and maybe to size it
also.
In reflection, I remember other situations like this in tooooo many years
past. Or at least having to burnish bushings before reaming, like in
kingpins or suchlike.
Ray Jones