Re: [Chrysler300] Leaky Torqueflite

I've heard of this fix, too, but I thought it was more on the order of a teaspoon. Brake fluid swells the seal. It's not a permanent fix, but it probably works for some period of time. I'd check around plenty to get the quantity right. Too much of a good thing…

Thomas

pennsy300@xxxx wrote:
A grizzled old-timer, who owned a 300D convert while I was still in college, said his experience showed that a pint or so of brake fluid poured into the transmission would "soften and expand" the front seal, where mine appears to be leaking, with no other ill effects on the transmission. Any thoughts out there on this suggested "fix?" McTaggart

To send a message to this group, send an email to: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx