From: Robert Merritt <okbobwynmer@xxxx>
To: Moana & Gerry Steinberg <mopar@xxxx>
Cc: <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2003 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Chrysler300] carburetor

> Another good reason to go to a Carter instead of Holley is safety. I have
seen several Holly-equiped Chryslers have damage from under-hood fire caused
by leaking tubes on Holly carbs. I have personally bought a 68 and a 69 300
from insurance companies way back in the early 70s because of this problem.
Both were cars that had not been started for some time and the o-rings on
the fuel tubes between the front and rear fuel bowl had dried out and
dripped on the heat riser portion of the intake manifold and caused a fire.
The 68 was in a garage and was extinguished quickly and was repairable but
the lady owner of the 69 was driving at night about 10 miles from help so
she got stopped and got out safely and watched it burn. Has anyone else had
this problem? I haven't because the first thing I do when I buy a
Holley-equipped car is replace the carb with a Carter.Okie Bob

> Moana & Gerry Steinberg <mopar@xxxx> wrote:AMEN to what Larry
said. Put on a Carter AVS, once adjusted you
> shouldn't have to touch it for many, many thousands of miles.
> I have done it to several that came with Hollys, couldn't wait to
> 'throw' them away.
> Good luck.
> Gerry Steinberg
> Arizona (80 degrees)

It
> > flows just as much air and is pre-smog and is a bolt-on replacement.
> > Good luck!!!
> > Larry Johnson
> >

> > >From: jlsavard@xxxx
> > >To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >Subject: Fwd: [Chrysler300] carburetor
> > >Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 14:38:50 EDT

> > >Sorry, guys,
> > >When I attempted to forward this earlier, I forgot to highlight the
text.
> > >know nothing about the Holly Carbs.
> > >
> > >Joe Savard,
> > >Lake Orion, MI
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor [input] Choose your car now!- Make -AcuraAM
GeneralAston MartinAudiBentleyBMWBuickCadillacChevroletChevrolet
TruckChryslerDaewooDodgeDodge TruckFerrariFordFord TruckGMCGMC
TruckHondaHyundaiInfinitiIsuzuJaguarJeepKiaLamborghiniLand
RoverLexusLincolnLotusMazdaMazda
TruckMercedes-BenzMercuryMitsubishiNissanNissan
TruckOldsmobilePlymouthPontiacPorscheRolls-RoyceSaabSaturnSubaruSuzukiToyota
Toyota TruckVolkswagenVolvo [input]