300H Tail lights

Hi, gang,
Okay I give up. How in the world do these tail lights get
installed? I'v tried about four different ways and none looks
right. Which parts go on from inside the trunk and which parts go on
from outside and in what order? Same thing goes for the back-up
lights. I need to solve this dilemna before I scratch the paint or
break my NOS light bezels. Can anyone offer some tips?

Thanks,
Mark Souders