Another one bites the dust

Well Gang,
So I am in the middle of getting my '62 Savoy driveable, not the least
of which requires the removal and cleaning of the gastank, havibg 10+ years
of barnacles inside and the sender/ pick up tube is all crusted up. So I
order some gastank related parts and discover that our beloved MA Mopar just
NS1'd the 5/16" tank sock! Talk about callous disregard for the company
heritage! The p/n of this part is 1670 694, so you know it has been around
since '56 or so....95 % of all Chrysler vehicles used this until about '89 or
so when injection used in tank pumps and obsoleted their use. So my question
is this....how good are their intentions (DC) to back us(previous customers,
and preservers of their history) in the preservation of these cars when they
discontinue a basic part, that obviously must have made some profit. I see it
as talking out of both sides of their mouth....showing their real colors!
Am I ticked? YOU BET! Watch the aftermarket on these, once the
dealer has none, "price controls" are off. My advice, if your dealer has them
BUY 'EM. How did my dealer know so quick? They had just tried to update their
stock and coulkd not get any for themselves. Any body have a dealer with a
bunch, I would like 6 myself, they used to be around $6 apiece. Thanks for
listening, Dan

...."One Nation, UNDER GOD"....(no matter what a crackpot judge says!")

'62 Plymouth Sport Fury
'62 Plymouth Fury wagon
'62 Plymouth Fury 4-dr.
'62 Plymouth Savoy 2-dr