Re: [Chrysler300] Headlight Motor repair

Sorry gang, I think I may have left off the attachment. I'll just paste
the info here.

From: Thomas Miller
To: "abreitenberger@xxxx".GWIA.Zippynet,
"Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".GWIA.Zippynet
Date: Wednesday - December 25, 2002 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Ad

Alois,

You sparked a memory for me from a long time ago! When I was a freshman
at the Ohio State University, I drove a '70 Sport Fury GT (distant
cousin to the Hurst 300). I had trouble with the hidden headlight motor
not closing all the way. My local parts guy sold me a "repair kit" for
the nylon gear and the cam that actuates the limit contacts that keep
the doors from opening or closing to far.

Although I don't have any of these parts, I wanted to chime in with some
part numbers for you that might help in your search. The following is
straight from my '70 '71 parts book:

Code 8-34-278 Gear and Gasket Package '70 Chrysler Imperial and Dodge
3420922, Plymouth 3420910

Code 8-34-280 Motor, Rotating Headlamp '70 Chrysler Imperial and Dodge
3431438, Plymouth 3431437

I'm not sure why Plymouth is different from Chrysler, Imperial and
Dodge, but that's what the parts book reports.

Back then, in my case the little cam had worn enough that the motor
would continue to operate after the doors were all the way open. This
caused excessive wear on the nylon gear that opens and closes the
headlights. The motor itself was OK, just the fact the the worm gear
coming out of the motor had damaged the nylon gear that opens and closes
the headlights.

Thomas F. Miller

tfm@xxxx
pageTFM@xxxx / text paging
614.975.4164 / voice
707.667.2601 / eFax
>>> "Thomas Miller" <tfm@xxxx> 04/02/03 10:45 AM >>>
Here's what I dug up on the subject a few months ago....

TFM

Thomas F. Miller

tfm@xxxx
pageTFM@xxxx / text paging