Re: [Chrysler300] 1970 Headlight Motor

thomassenp@xxxx writes:

> The headlight motor on my 1970 300 is in the need for a rebuild. The motor
> runs as it should, but it does not raise or lower the headlight doors, and
> the motor keeps running. It seems I recall a new replacement gear kit was
> available for these motors, but I do not remember the part number. Any
> information will help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul Thomassen
> thomassenp@xxxx

Hi Paul--
I have never found anyone that can rebuild these motors. If there is a
"fix," I would like to know about it. So far, I have had good luck finding
used motors for my 1968 and two 1971's (same motor). A wide range of years
and models use the same motor. I have taken at least one off a Charger, and
a couple off mid-1970's Imperials.

David Ellis / Brezelfenster
Cane Hill, Ark.
1950 standard sedan, 1956 Karmann Kabriolett, 1967 Single Cab, 1999/1969
Mexibeetle, and many lesser air-cooled VW's.