Fw: Chrysler Auto Transmission

----- Original Message -----
From: Roger L. Schaaf
To: Chrysler 300 list service
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 1:35 PM
Subject: Chrysler Auto Transmission

Friend of mine has a 1998 Chrysler Mini Van that at 50,000(yes that is what I thought too!) miles has almost lost its transmission. Grinds in 1st and 2nd while driving. Local dealer says 2,300.00 to replace. AAMCO says 1,900.00

Anyone have idea on good source for rebuilt or remanufactured Chrysler transmissions? I found a website(www.rebuilt-auto-tranmission.com ) where they advertise 1,200.00 but still sounds high but could be fair if good company. At that price when paying shipping and for installation probably better off at Chrysler dealer or AAMCO

I am ready to duck the incoming's for asking for info on a non 300 Chrysler part but this info could be of use to 300 owners also.

Roger Schaaf
300 B Calif