Steeringcolumn exchange - '67 tilt -> '65

Steeringcolumn exchange - '67 tilt -> '65

Hello all,
Before I get my hands dirty and have 2 inoperable cars, I would like to
know someone ever exchanged the steeringcolumn between a '67 Chrysler
(Newport) and a '65 300.
The '67 Newports column is a Tilt&Scope-version and I would like to
have that one in my '65 300 convertible.
Other than the looks on the dash, are there other real problems I might
encounter during this swap?
I know the shift linkage is different, but I'm hoping I could exchange
thos aswell...
Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Herman Meiners