Re: [Chrysler300] Andi Granitelli Salt flats Special "for sale" on ebay

Re: [Chrysler300] Andi Granitelli Salt flats Special "for sale" on ebay

Hi all:

It interesting that this car should come up in discussion.

Several years ago, I attended a 300 Meet in Sacramento where our guest
speaker at the awards banquet spoke about this very car. After the
Granatelli's did their runs on the Bonneville Flats, the Paxton superchargers
were removed from the car and the F was used for several years in northern
Utah for tire testing with conventional carburetion. During this period,
they logged about 400,000 miles of which about 60% were over 160 mph! (They
being the speaker and his uncle who was the honcho of the testing program.)

On the final day of testing, before they retired the F, the speaker, I can't
remember his name, changed the spark plugs and broke one off. His uncle then
said that the testing would be aborted and they climbed into the F and headed
for home on 7 cylinders. Along the way they were challenged by some
youngsters in an Olds 442. according to the speaker, the guys were making
fun of the F so his uncle, who was driving, said they are not going to get
away with that. He floored the F, caught up with the 442 and the race began.
The F ran away from the 442 with ease on 7 cylinders!!!

The speaker said his uncle never talked about the F after that and he, the
speaker, had no knowledge of the whereabouts of it.

It would be a terrific find if this F finally surfaced.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA