Fw: Repro Quarter Panel Project

Update:

Reproduction Quarter Panel Repair Project

After multiple discussions with Metalcrafters in California with Ken Mack,
we now know panels are coming slowly because they are having problems
producing them using the original bladder press system. They have had to
trim them by hand, run them through the press a second time, then do
hand-hammered finishing on each piece to get the quality we want.

This is obviously far more labor than they intended on these panels and they
have been losing money on each one. The new plan as of 2-24-03 - they are
making Kirksite dies (a very hard plastic) for a conventional press and are
going to run the entire order when the dies are done - in about a months
time.

This should solve the availability problem we've been talking about for the
last six months. Unfortunately, this will increase cost per panel (each
side) from $150 to $200 each to cover cost of more expensive dies, plus
handeling and shipping.

All orders placed after February 25 and later will be at the increased
price. If we can have these panels in this quantity though, we think it is
worth it!

Michael Burke, Ken Mack, George Riehl