Serendipity and fuel injection.

So I'm looking around this morning at 5:30 AM for things to sell at
DuPage Fairgrounds Plastic Kit Model Show. "Aha!", I say to
myself,"..how about those boxes of Pop Sci and Pop Mechanix and
stuff!!" So I grab a box, and I'm off to peddle more junk.

As I load up table I observe that all the tags for articles are
Chrysler related. I then realize this was a box I had tagged for
saving...about 15 years ago!

March, 1957 issue, Popular Science, page 88 to 93, "How good is fuel
injection". Discusses what it is, shows pictures of different
systems, GM, etc. and RAMBLER with big Bendix logo on it. Text has
several paragraphs on Bendix and test driving Chryslers with units.
First transisterized application for automobiles, is Bendix claim. I
seem remember McCahill talking about 300C at Speed weeks with
injection unit in 1957, that car burned out clutch and didn't run
in "Experimental" class. Will have to find THAT article, too.

This issue of Pop Sci also has full page 300C ad (Convert on beach,
B&W) and article on "Are we running out of oil?".

I decided not to sell box.