Gauge power

>Regarding the voltage to the dash gauges in 56, I think they got the full
>12V. I don't see anything in the service manual to say any different, and I
>don't see any mention of a voltage limiter. The wiring diagrams also show
>full battery voltage going to the gauges.
>
>I checked the 57 and 58 service manuals, also no voltage limiter. I
couldn't
>locate the 59 manual, and I did find the voltage limiter in the 60 service
>manual.

For '60 and '61, would appear, oil pressure gauge is analog gauges voltage
source(would be verifiable with analog votmeter and pulsating voltage at oil
pressure 'D' terminal). I would have said that fuel gauge has regulator in
it but oil gauge in our diagrams shows 'I" wire only (feed from fuse block)
to oil gauge and then jumpers to fuel and temp gauges from 'D' terminal on
oil gauge. This is for '60 and '61.

There was a system of gauges made by Auto Lite that apparently did use
battery voltage without a constant voltage regulator. Is this the system in
the '56 Chryslers with the advent of constant voltage gauges in 1957 and
after?

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ