From: William Huff [mailto:whuff@xxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 2:04 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: [Chrysler300] Do guages care?

Frank,

Under no circumstances would I try to put a full 12 volts to the
gauges. 12 volt MOPARS use a voltage regulator that provides a pulsed
voltage to the instruments. The effect is to have a lower mean voltage, 12
volts will fry them in short order, plus they will be inaccurate since they
are not calibrated for that voltage.