300 Tales

Hi All,

Back when I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area I knew a guy who at
the time was running a body shop, but who had previously been a service
manager at one of the Chrysler dealers somewhere in rural ( if I recall
correctly ) California. Anyway, he said that one day a lady came in with
her 300C -- and she was mad as hops. "You guys just worked on my 300, and
now it won't get out of its tracks!!" He said she was waving a ticket for
120 mph from the California Highway Patrol to prove it. Apparently she was
quite used to being able to outrun the CHP ( whose cars were no slouches
themselves ) with her "C".

"And this car was owned by a little old lady who seldom drove it
over 140 mph."

(-: Kids, DON'T try this. This was back in the '50s when cops had a
sense of humor. They really get up tight about things like this now. :-)

Kurt

Kurt Greske ( kurt_greske@xxxx )