Re: [Chrysler300] RE: Outgassing ?

This vinyl gassing thing makes me think back when I bought a 911SC new in 78. I would park that car for 30min. in the sun and the windshield was all hazed up. I quickly figured it was from the dash material. The Germans must have had some concoction of vinyl then. I never experienced that with any other car before or after.
Then all this triggered another memory. In the late 80's I was seeking to have a vinyl cushion ring molded around a small wheel that I used on a drawer slid to quiet it in the metal track. When I started talking to the injection moulders most would not mold vinyl as they said the gases were so corrosive and poisonous to there employees they would not mould it. I found one that would do it after paying more and a few months later he said it was eating up his equipment and would not mould it any longer. Now the moulding temperatures are 400+ degrees. That said maybe like Mark points out this gas may be more of a hazmat than we think.
I called the GE Tech to get some feed back, but they had already gone for the day. If I get more info I will report back.

That's good Dave, beans and fiber. You know you just don't know what they might be feeding those thermal plastic pellets these days.

Gary, The Parts Doc

California would already have posted warning labels
on all new car dashes by now. Imagine this, "Warning: the vinyl in this
vehicle is known to the state of California to cause cancer in laboratory
animals." Well I guess I'll have to keep those animals out of my car!

Regards,
Mark