Re: [Chrysler300] 57C speedometer

Hi,
You must note that the 235x75-14 (assuming it's the radial WWW Coker tire) is smaller in diameter than original bias 9.00-14:
235-75 x 14: 27.87" diameter
9.00-14: 29" diameter for US Royal, perhaps more for other brand

So ther's at least 5 % less diameter so 5 % faster speed than with original tires
I've checked on my '57 Imperial (i've the original speedo + an electronic speedo calibrated to my 225-14 radial tires) and ther's a 7 %
error . I checked with the two odometers on a 50 miles trip: original odometer : 54 miles. calibrated odometer: 50 miles
So before removing pinions, check on an accurate distance if the odometer is accurate.
To verify the speedo itself: 1000 rpm of speedo cable = 60 mph on speedo

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 57 Crown convertible

-> attention ! nouvelle adresse email : accf-club@xxxx
-> attention ! new email adress: accf-club@xxxx

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com