Re: Claret Dash/Instrument Cluster Paint

Re: Claret Dash/Instrument Cluster Paint

Hi Mark,

Here's what I have done in such instances ( with both the grey, and the
tan, of 300F's and 300G's dashes) : take off a piece ( glovebox lid for
instance), clean it off, and take it to auto body supply house that has a
"Prophet"-type scanner. Let them scan it... that will give them the exact
paint formula ! They can then mix it in whatever type of paint you want to
use - single stage, enamel, urethane, basecoat, etc... as far as the
semi-gloss, there's two ways to go depending on the type of paint... if
using single-stage, a flattening agent can be added ( after the paint is
mixed) to reduce the degree of gloss. In the case of base / clear, the
basecoat stays the same, and semi-gloss clear is used on top. By varying
the amount of flattening agent, you can vary the degree of gloss or lack
thereof... cool stuff...

Good luck,

John