Re: [Chrysler300] 500 ci

Hi all:

I've done some studying of the article in the Club web site about rams. 268
degrees is the duration Chrysler chose to set the maximum torque at 2800 rpm.
However, by changing the duration, the maximum torque occurs at a different
rpm. Following is a formula I derived from the article which will determine
at what rpm the engine will achieve the maximum torque.

rpm = (720-D)6.195

Where: D = duration.

For example, with a duration of 280 degrees:

rpm = (720-280)6.195
= ( 440)6.195
= 2726 rpm

NOTE: In order to attain maximum torque, the cam gear MUST have the cam
locating pin hole retarded 2 degrees.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA