Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:52:25 -0800 (PST)
From: John Spiers <spiers@xxxx>
Subject: Re: 300F Chrome

I was at a classic car meet in Fort Lauderdale last weekend, and one guy (who has 50+ prime collector cars from the 50's) brought his newly-acquired red 1958 New Yorker convertible, 4,800 original miles----It had a "Spring Package" option, which, according to the new owner, included wire wheels, a rear rubber splashguard (like a 40"+ wide by 1" tall version of what you'd see on a 60's station wagon) that was attached under the rear bumper to the chassis, and six horizontal chrome slats on the trunk lid (three on each side of the license plate). I've seen the 2-tone/3-tone Spring packages on the '55s & '56s (non-300s), but did this package ever make it to a 300?
John Spiers