From: Kelly Pierce <jkrestor300@xxxx>
To: <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2002 9:22 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] 59 Dodge 383 D-500 engine

> Hello All!
> This question may sound really dumb but.....Will a engine out of a 59
Dodge (w/ cast iron torqueflite) fit a 64 aluminum case trans? I found a 59
Dodge Custom Royal 4dr. w/ a D-500 383 single 4 bbl. that was parked in
1973. Unfortunately kids broke every piece of glass and the auto dimmer
mirror ruining a really nice car. I would like to put this engine in my "one
of none" 64 300 nine pass. s/w. after rebuilding it if it will work.....
Just to really mess with peoples minds even more- a D-500 motor in a
Chrysler 300(?) station wagon. If anyone out there can tell me if it will
work please answer me direct rather than thru the club server. The 383 is
not a raised block 383, it is a low block version. Thanks in advance!
Joe Pierce 300 K x2 plus numerous other Mopars