From: Joe McCormick <ejmc300c@xxxx>
Date: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 3:59 PM
Subject: 300 c noise

Hi,
This is the first time I have asked a question and it's a puzzler.
My 300 C has developed a loud ( very loud ) squeeling noise,
it seems to be from the front, but it's so loud it's hard to tell.
When the car is cold, no noise. You drive for 2 to 3 miles
and it starts out as an intermittent chirp then turns loud in
about another mile. Here's what I have done.
1. new front wheel bearings
2. front brake linings look good
3. backed off front brake adjusters
Nothing seems to help. It seems to get worse if I accelerate
or turn the steering wheel to the left.
Any ideas would be appreciated !!!!!!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Joe..