300L Rocker Panels

Thanks to everyone for the great response to my question about armrests!

Now I would like to ask what I believe might be a more challenging question.

On both sides of my 300L the front seam between the rocker panels and the front fenders are filled with body filler. The rear seams are visible and unfilled. Before repainting I will have the body filler removed and the area properly repaired with patches or new rocker panels. My question is whether, following the repairs, the front seams should be filled (presumably with lead) or left visible.

Thanks,

Steve Galezowski