Fuel and floats......and chemistry.

Not being a carburetor professional, this might be BS...BUT the re-
formulated fuels are lower density, hence brass float might sink too
far--beyond bendability to adjust. If methanol is being used,
methanol dissolves the solder sealing brass float. Indy had lots of
problems when methanol was mandated as sole fuel in old days.

If any one detects a virus attached to me, PLEASE tell ME!! There
hace been many attacks recently...and like B.O., the offender is last
to know...

When "butterfly breath" fuels were being brought on in the late 70's,
my 300's had all kinds of weird reactions. Seems though, the rubber
parts got seasoned to it and they ran again...just hotter with lower
gas mileage, due to lower energy content and longer flame burn.

Gas now is really great stuff, compared to the experiments then. It
still has lower energy content...and doesn't burn!!

L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst, IL 300C's