'60 radio delete plate

Having now't better to do on a wet 'n windy winter's day, this 'puzzle' that has been bugging me came to the fore, and I just know that someone will have the answer......
I have a '60 Chrysler radio delete plate, # 2080008. My '60/''61 parts books both list this number. My '62 book says # 2162145.
My plate is all chrome,including the Chrysler script.
Another I have seen, described as for '60-'62 Chryslers had the Chrysler script in gold. It looked exactly similar, save the gold script.
Was this the '62 delete plate ? Did they all have the Chrysler script in gold, and mine has simply been 'polished off' ?
How was the script, which was obviously part of the casting, be gold, and the rest chromed?
Thanks folks........
Dave.