Tires

I received my new 235-75R 14 wide whitewall tires a few days ago and had them
mounted on my F coupe, replacing the 900 x 14 B. F. Goodrich Silvertowns bias
tires (from Coker) that were previously on the car. The difference was
dramatic and all positive. With the old tires, any corner was accompanied by
much noise and a feeling that I was driving on ice, and the car seemed to
follow the paint lines on the road. The new tires restored the performance
my car is supposed to have. There was some discussion at the Newport meet
concerning the radial tire's size, compared to the original. Below is a
comparison of some parameters of the radials, my old 900 x 14, and, thanks to
Vice President Jack Wiltse, the car's original 900 x 14 Goodyear Blue
Streaks.

Whitewall Width Tread Width
Overall Dia.

Blue Streaks 2 1/2 in. 5 1/2