Re: [Chrysler300] Mice-proof

In a message dated 5/12/02 3:23:38 PM Central Daylight Time, jrcote56@xxxx
writes:

<< Buy a polytarp about 12X24. Place on the spot where storing car. Drive
car
ONTO the tarp. Cover car with breathable cotton cover. Spread mothballs
around perimeter of car. Cover exhausts with tin foil and secure with
rubber
bands. Bring sides of polytarp up and use twine to tie the tarp
crisscrossing
over car (not too tight). Sprinkle more moth balls around the edges of the
tarp as another line of defense. Car will breath and critters can only
enter by eating a hole through the smell of mothballs. (Also keeps ground
moisture from coming up under cars body. ) Don't forget to have taken
battery out and hook up to battery saver that costs about $60 but well worth
it over time. (not trickle charger).
I've stored 2 cars (not old chryslers) this way in dry dirt floor with
concrete walls old chicken houses without a critter yet.
Good luck.
John >>

I can support John's method..works for me. I use 6 mil poly from Home Depot.
I also use about 15 alligator clamps from the hardware department to secure
it to the cotton car cover. I quit using mothballs a few years ago and
haven't noticed the difference. The mice never seem to chew through the
plastic. I have even found d-con stored under the plastic but not inside. By
following this method you can enjoy your car through the winter by just
lowering the plastic and retieing it when finished. This is a very
inexpensive method.