Re: [Chrysler300] Some kind of Autocross on I40

Re: [Chrysler300] Some kind of Autocross on I40

You probably saw participants in the Copperstate 1000. The run starts in
Phoenix and ends back in Phoenix after 1000 miles of touring AZ. Do a Google
search and there are some nice photos and details (Phoenix Art Museum
sponsored event).

The Copperstate has come to Sedona for an overnight every year that I know
of. They now stop out at Enchantment Resort which is out of town in a scenic
canyon behind locked gates. I did by chance catch at least three open race
cars quartered (in far less costly accomodations) up on Airport Mesa. The
Copperstate and the defunct Governor's Cup Ralley have both used Sedona as
an overnight. The sighting on I-40 was probably the return leg from the
Grand Canyon.

I have never seen a Chrysler in the Copperstate. I will definately be more
attentive next year.

Once apon a time, the Copperstate was escorted by Highway Patrol units.
Supposedly, at that time, the DPS escort units would not ticket participants
for speed. Traffic allowing, some were said to be running together well over
100. That would be hoot; million dollar + cars at 100 plus on state
highways. Never saw that.

Warren Anderson
Sedona, AZ