WWW Cokers

Hi Gang, Just in case your thinking about saving a few bucks freight by picking up your tires at Cokers on the way thru TN to the meet or meets you have another think coming!!

I called them the minute I heard about the tires being ready (they are not and won't be till the end of May!) and was told that freight per tire to IA will be around $14 each. I thought the tires were ready to pick up and was only about 100 miles away from Chattanooga at the time on the way to FL and thought "hey... I'll just pick them up now and save the freight" Wrong, wrong, wrong!! Aside from the fact they wont be available till the end of May, If you decide to pick them up yourself at their store you will have the privilege of paying the TN 8.9% (ouch!!) sales tax that would not be charged if you live out of state and they ship them via UPS (their house carrier)

What ensued after my learning of this fact of life was a rather heated discussion of what does it matter who they use for a carrier, UPS. Fed Ex, Yellow, CF or any other DOT licensed outfit including CRST Flatbed ( the company I'm leased to) They stated that state law required them to charge the tax to ANYONE that picked up their own items at their place of business. (yeah...right)

Any way, bottom line is they said we might be able to work something out (yeah...right)

8 tires @ $145.50 X 8.9% =$103.60

VS:

8 tires freight @$14 = $112

Hey $8.40 is $8.40.....(yeah right)