Re: [Chrysler300] FW: Chrysler carb question

Re: [Chrysler300] FW: Chrysler carb question

>There they are sealed with small rubber/nylon (?) O-rings to the basse
>of the phenolic-housing.
>Chances are that those are worn or flattened and are leaking fuel past
>them.
>>From the Moparts BulletinBoard I know someone who might have replacement
>O-rings for this.
>Here is his Website:
>http://www.geocities.com/thermoquads/index.htm
>

>Also a thermoquad has "glued on" little wells at the underside of the
>phenolic casting.
>These can get loose after 30+ years and need to be "re-glued".
>I believe JB-weld could be used for this if this was the case.

These carburetors use plastic floats. If carburetor is to be disassembled
and the wells sealed and quad rings replaced as suggested, an additional
suggestion would be to replace the floats. Plastic floats gain weight with
time (there are weight specs for them) but replacement is cheap insurance as
they can be just as much of a problem as are the wells and quad rings.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ