From: Don Verity [mailto:d.verity@xxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 8:37 AM
To: Jonathan Sacks; Chrysler 300 Email Network; Gary Nelson
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Torqueflite question

Hi All,
Gary raised some good points. However no-one has mentioned the throttle
lever adjustment, which everyone calls the "kickdown rod" This rod controls
throttle pressure in the trans. If it's improperly adjusted or missing, it
will cause all kinds of problems including rough engagement. Even if it's
adjusted properly, if the idle speed is to high, it will act on this rod
raising the pressure in the trans and causing the same thing. Also, the
proper way to adjust bands is with an inch pound torque wrench. Everyone's
"finger tight" is different. The spec is for 72 inch pounds, which is a good
deal more than finger tight. Anyone who is not an experienced transmission
mechanic should follow the repair manual to the letter or have a
professional do it.
300ly,
Don