Re: [Chrysler300] VIN Nameplate

It's best to never disturb those rivets, the DMV guys get real testy about things like that.New rivets are not supposed to be available to the public because car thieves will using them to re-number stolen cars.If you remove those and replace them you may have trouble selling the car later.I once sold a '71 Roadrunner that I had replaced the dash in(added a/c, used pop rivets on the number plate), the dmv would not give the new owner a title until I drove 150 miles to fill out all kinds of forms first. They gave him an assigned serial number for the car which, I'm sure, hurt the value of it.
I'm sure someone will get on the list later, with a source for the rivets, but I'm not so sure it's legal to buy them in some states.

Mike