Re: [Chrysler300] Hard Starting Wedge!

Hi,

I don't believe that you mentioned how old or how many
miles are on your fuel pump. My theories on no gas in
the carb trace to the fuel pump. The internal check
valve is not preventing the fuel line from draining
back into the tank, or the diaphragm is weak and can't
pump the fuel back up quick enough, or your cam or
push rod has worn so that the fuel pump doesn't get
full strokes. A new replacement pump would solve some
of these problems, and an electric pump would probably
solve it completely.

Have you tried backing the car up the driveway so that
the engine is facing down? This way the gas can't
drain back into the tank, if that is really the
problem. If your cold starting problem disappears, you
can either keep backing it in or replace the fuel
pump.

On a different "position" related issue, I have found
that if I back my car into the garage, change the oil
and oil filter, and then let the car roll onto the
driveway so the engine faces down, I get practically
instant oil pressure at start-up, much faster than if
the car is level or on an upgrade.

Bruce Paul-Cherry Hill, NJ