Front U joint on a 62

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the group.

The front trunion joints are difficult to service yourself. I suggest taking
to a competent driveshaft shop . Emphasis on competent, as in having
experience with this type of joint.

In order to remove the housing, the center crosspin must be pressed out with
a Mega-big hydraulic press. After replacing boot and housing, it must be
reinstalled, and PRECISELY centered once again.

I also suggest installing a top-quality rear u-joint ( Spicer) ; I have seen
too many cheapo joints fail.

I am not aware of anyone currently selling new front trunion housings, or
even boots, for that matter. One of our members, George Taylor, had a number
of them which he sold to the members of our list. Try dropping him a note,
he MIGHT have one left ? His e-mail is : gtmp@xxxx . The driveshaft shop
I used, a large and well-established company many years in the business, is
no longer able to procure these for me.

Anybody else know where to get new trunion front housings, or, for that
matter, new trunion boots?

Sincerely

John