Re: [Chrysler300] Brisko's Mileage Saver - dealer installed?

Re: [Chrysler300] Brisko's Mileage Saver - dealer installed?

Mike,
Dealers installed lots of things for people over the years, I suppose.Fuel pressure regulators surely don't hurt anything (as long as they don't impede adequate fuel flow at high speeds).Lowering the pressure at the carb inlet will tend to lower the float levels in the carbs , slightly leaning out the mixture, and possibly helping the gas mileage.Of couse, if your carbs are already set on the lean side, you probably wouldn't realize any gain. If it was up to me, I would probably put it back on, it's probably easier to tune the engine to run & idle more consistently if you don't have to depend on that old mechanical fuel pump to deliver the right pressure all the time.The purists amoung us would probably hassel you for having an "incorrect" part installed, but if you could document the installation of it , by the dealer, you could always say"Oh yeah, look at this.".

Mike