Brisko's Mileage Saver - dealer installed?

Brisko's Mileage Saver - dealer installed?

My silly question for today: Is it likely that the pressure regulator on my C was a dealer-installed piece?
Its a Brisko's Mileage Saver (Exeland, WI). It has a glass bowl like the carb filters, and has 6 slotted screws on top.

My local 80-something year-old carb guy says these were commonly installed by car dealers of old...and I should reinstall it with the rebuilt carbs. So before it joins the to-be-reinstalled parts pile, I figured I'd ask.

Thanks!
Mike V