heat risers 2

Paddycaddy, I would beg to disagree. Heat risers have an important functionon carbureted engines - they make the chokes come off a lot sooner than without them. Talking mostly about crossram engines, the lack of heat riser invariably results in fouled plugs from overly rich carbs at warm-up.

Like anything else, heat risers should be maintained - sprayed with heat riser lube once ever couple years or so . Of course, with no maintenance, they seize up and rust in place.

For those of us who don't live in warmer climates, chokes are necessary to our car's operation. Without chokes, the car bucks and stalls when cold. With chokes and no heat risers, the car will tend to fouls plugs. With both the chokes connected, and the heat risers working the way they should, the car will work well both when hot and when cold.

I have seen too many ram cars, especially, with no heat risers, or with thethings jammed open . Owners wonder why the cars are cranky. Every ram car I have rebuilt has had the heat risers rebuilt as well, and the result has always been worth the extra work.

John

http://mail2web.com/ .