VIN-List???

Hello list.

There is a red G-conv. out on Ebay. It says in the ad that it is a
converted coupe,
and in our VIN-list it is a black convertible. Is our VIN list based on
what
the owners say or what the micro-films say? Can I trust the VIN list
when I
want to check up a car or must I talk to Gil to be sure on a car?
The VIN on the red car is 201800.

Best regards..... Johan (Sweden)