My Thanks To Everyone of You

Recently, I joined the Chrysler 300 Club International in my quest to locate
my Dad's '59 E or at least to determine its fate. I really want to own an E
and G-d willing, it may happen someday. But that's not why I'm writing.

I'm writing because having become a member of the club and the list has been
an amazing experience. You folks are wonderful ... and some of you have been
so INCREDIBLY kind and supportive and helpful as I've tried to learn how to
go through this tedious and frustrating task of tracking down one particular
car ... and then tring to find one "like it" that (a) someone is willing to
sell and (b) we can afford to buy. Kind of a Catch-22.

I have received the most wonderful letters and words of encouragement from
so many of you ... and please allow me the privilege of passing something
along that many of you probably already know: Gil Cunningham, G-d Bless him,
is a Treasure. I am nearly 57 years old and I wept when I read his recent
emails describing the search for Dad's car he undertook, strictly on his
own, after reading (I suppose) my email describing my situation. There is
no way I could really express to him the way I felt as I read his emails.

I am so touched by Gil's kindness as well as by the kindness of numerous
others of you (forgive me for not mentioning you by name - I don't want to
risk the almost certain outcome of failing to mention someone) ... but I did
want to say thanks for allowing me to "become part of you" - at least in a
small way. There is a perfectly pristine E in Birmingham, AL where we live
and the owner was kind enough to allow me and Dee (my wife of 35 years
TODAY-Sunday, 23 December) to come to his home and look at it. He doesn't
show it any more and it's been garaged for about 6 years, but he fired it up
for us and it was one of the most wonderful but bittersweet moments of my
life. I have too much respect for a person's personal property to have
asked if he would consider selling it to us ... but, I can't tell you how
much I've coveted it and thought about it since that day about 2 months ago.

(Note: Dee went absolutely NUTZ when she saw it and she's not really "a car
person." She said, we've got to have that car and if we get it, we're gonna
drive it ... everyday. I'm gonna drive, ' cause I love it." (I figured
she's be hooked if she ever got to see an 300 and really think about it :-)

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out a respectful way to say to the owner that
which I am sure he already knows: I'd like a chance to purchase your car if
you are ever inclined to sell it. I don't know whether to write him a letter
or simply blurt it out. Either way, I'm sure he already knows because I got
this glazed expression on my face as I sat on his driveway and just looked
at that amazing machine for a long time. I wanted to sit behind the wheel
but ... something stopped me. I suppose it was a combination of disbelief,
awe, respect and not wanting to break the magic of the moment. Perhaps,
some of you know what I mean?

Anyway, excuse me for rambling ... Thanks again for the newsletters and the
decal and the notes ... and the interesting messages on the list server and
for your kindness.

Have a Wonderful Holiday Season and a Great 2002.

With appreciation and a real sense of joy, I remain

Sincerely,

Russ Fine
Birmingham, AL

PS: If you're ever bored over the holidays, surfing the net and are the
least bit curious about who we are, what we do etc., when we're not chasing
down Chrysler 300s, there's a bio on our site <www.russndee.net>