300F Movie

Seasons Greetings
I recently bought a neat item on e-bay. It is a auto show brochure on the
300F from Feb 1960. It is a large glossy display with a picture of the 300F
convert on one side and several stories on the reverse. The stories consist
of an interview with Brewster Shaw and the history of the 300's assault on
the sand from 1955 to present.
One of the articles makes reference to an 18 minute film which debuet at the
New York auto show on January 7 1960. The film include footage of a Chrysler
engineer driving the 300F from Detroit to Daytona on a very scenic route. At
Daytona the car was turned over to Shaw who made several runs on the beach.
A commentary from Bob Roger concluded the film.The car was an Automatic car
and not the 4 speed car Shaw who later drive in the trials. I was fortunate
to copy a part of this film about 6 years ago from a TV program "World of
Collector Cars" that often featured Chrysler Historical Films. The running
time of what I have is less than 10 minutes so there is 8 minutes not
included.
Has anyone ever seen the entire 18 minute film? Does it include any footage
of the 6 or 7 300F specials at the Speed week trials.
If I have pigued your interst in something you were not aware of I will
consider copying the tape I have for other Memorbilia enthusiests like
myself.

Paul Martin
300F
Vancouver BC

Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact always with Excite Messenger
http://messenger.excite.com